Grant - Metabolic Education Center
Metabolic Training Center
The project "Metabolic Education Center" is focused on supporting lifelong learning and human resources development and is co-financed by the European Social Fund, the state budget of the Czech Republic and the budget of the City of Prague.
Project duration: 2 years (2006 - 2007), extended until May 31, 2008
Investigator: MUDr. Sylvie Šťastná, CSc., Institute of Inherited Metabolic Disorders (ÚDMP) General Teaching Hospital (VFN) and First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University (1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University)
European Social Fund (ESF, www.esfcr.cz) is a key financial instrument for implementing the European Employment Strategy.
The main mission of the ESF is to develop employment, reduce unemployment, promote lifelong learning, social inclusion and equal opportunities, focusing on the development of the labor market and human resources.
The body responsible for managing ESF assistance in the Czech Republic is the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (www.mpsv.cz). Other implementation partners are the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, the Ministry for Regional Development, the Ministry of the Environment, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, CzechInvest, the Civil Society Development Foundation, Prague City Hall (www.praha-mesto.cz/jpd3), labor offices, local and regional authorities.
The aim of the project is the creation of a Metabolic Educational Center, ie an educational and information center for the diagnosis of hereditary metabolic disorders (DMP), and the establishment and pilot testing of a comprehensive training program for the training of lecturers involved in DMP.
The project is part of the ÚDMP strategy, which aims to improve the diagnosis of DMP in the Czech Republic, increase the number of diagnosed and treated patients, improve the quality of medical care and improve the prognosis of patients with DMP.
Target group the project includes the staff of the General Teaching Hospital and the First Faculty of Medicine, who are experts in the field of DMP and who are involved in the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring of compensation, genetic counseling, prenatal diagnosis, research and education of students, physicians of all specialties and other medical professionals in the field of DMP. .
Key project activities include the establishment and equipment of the Metabolic Educational Center within the IMD and 4 training programs:
- vocational education: increased expertise in the field of medical genetics, including biochemical genetics (DMP issues), emphasis is put on key principles of the field, knowledge of examination methods and improvement of differential diagnosis at clinical and laboratory level
- language learning: a contribution to language learning (English) after verifying an increase in language skills by an accredited language school language audit and a successful international language exam (PET, FCE, CAE, CPE)
- pedagogical-psychological education: the aim is to obtain and verify professional knowledge in the field of vocational education of adults (pedagogical minimum for lecturers)
- Managerial Education: The goal is to gain and validate expertise in personality assessment, teamwork and time management
- Information Texts (Metabolic Guide 2007)
- educational lectures
- professional texts (3 proceedings of specialized texts: Basic genetic principles, Examination methods for DMP diagnosis, Inherited metabolic disorders, book Review of DMP diagnostics)
- translation of the book by J. Fernandes, J.-M. Saudubray, G. Van den Berghe: Inborn Metabolic Diseases, Springer 2006
- website www.udmp.cz
- educational posters (main metabolic pathways and their disorders)
Project realization will be continuously evaluated on a quarterly basis in the form of a monitoring report www.udmp.cz.