Information for patients
Patients' rights and duties
The patient has the right to provide health services at the appropriate professional level, which means providing health services according to the rules of science and recognized medical practices, while respecting the individuality of the patient, taking into account specific conditions and objective options.
In exceptional cases, these rights may be excluded or restricted. These exceptions are stipulated by Act No. 372/2011 Coll., On Health Services (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”). other generally binding legislation.
Furthermore, the patient has the right to provide health services:
- respect, respect for privacy, respect for privacy and respect for the provision of health services in accordance with the nature of the health services provided,
- choose a provider authorized to provide health services that meet the patient's medical needs, and a medical facility
- to request consultancy services from a different provider or health care professional than to provide health services; this does not apply to the provision of urgent care,
- request a report on the medical services provided,
- be familiar with VFN Internal Rules
- for the uninterrupted presence of a legal guardian or, where applicable, a person designated by the legal guardian, foster parent or other person to whom the patient has been entrusted by a court or other authority decision, if he is a minor,
- to the uninterrupted presence of the guardian, or the person appointed by the guardian, if he is a person whose legal capacity is limited so that he / she is unable to assess the provision of health services, or the consequences of their provision,
- to the presence of a loved one or a person designated by the patient, in accordance with other laws and regulations, and if the presence of such persons does not interfere with the provision of health services, as far as the VFN equipment permits or the provision of health services is not or is not based on another excluded by law,
- if he is a person whose legal capacity is limited so that he / she is not able to assess the provision of health services, or the consequences of providing them, or who is under the age of not requiring the person referred to in the preceding paragraph to provide medical services, if he / she states that he / she is abusive or otherwise abuses or neglects
- be informed beforehand of the price of the health services provided, not covered or partially reimbursed by public health insurance, and the method of reimbursement if its health allows,
- know the name (s) and surnames of health professionals and other professionals directly involved in the provision of health services and persons preparing themselves at the provider for the exercise of the medical profession present in the provision of health services, or perform activities that are part of the teaching,
- to refuse the presence of persons who are not directly involved in the provision of health services and persons preparing to pursue the profession of health care professional,
- Receive Visits to the General Teaching Hospital, taking into account his / her state of health and internal rules and in a manner that does not violate the rights of other patients
- to receive in VFN spiritual care and spiritual support from spiritual churches and religious societies registered in the Czech Republic or from persons entrusted with the practice of clergy (hereinafter referred to as “spiritual”) in accordance with the internal order and in a manner that does not violate the rights of other patients; health condition; a spiritual visit cannot be denied to the patient in cases of life threatening or serious health damage
- to provide health services in the least restrictive environment while ensuring the quality and safety of health services provided.
Patient with sensory impairment or severe communication problems due to health reasons, in communication related to the provision of health services, he / she has the right to communicate in a way that he / she chooses to understand and communicate in his / her own way, including those based on interpretation by another person.
A patient with a sensory or physical disability who uses a dog with special training (guide dog or assistance dog), with respect to his / her current state of health, has the right to accompany and present the dog with him / her in the VFN, in the manner stipulated by the internal rules so that the rights of other patients are not violated.
A patient who does not understand the Czech language, arranges for self-interpretation at their own expense during planned care.
Informing the patient
The healthcare professional is required to inform the patient in a comprehensible manner about his / her state of health and the proposed individual treatment and any changes thereto (hereafter "health information"), other health services and other possible social services that may improve his / her health and to enable the patient or the person designated by the patient to ask supplementary questions relating to his / her health and the proposed health services, which must be clearly answered.
The patient may give up information about his / her health condition or may determine which person is to be given. The waiver record of the health information and the person to whom the health information is to be submitted is part of the patient's medical records; the record is signed by the patient and the healthcare professional. The waiver of health information shall not be taken into account when it comes to the fact that the patient is suffering from an infectious disease or other disease in connection with which he or she may endanger the health or life of others.
Health services are provided with consent. A patient may refuse to consent to the provision of health services unless it is possible to provide health services without consent, so that he / she will be repeatedly informed of his / her health status to the extent and in the manner that the non-provision of health services may be serious harm his health or endanger life. If the patient still refuses to give his consent, he will make a written statement (revers). The patient may also withdraw his / her consent to the provision of health services. The withdrawal of consent is not effective if the performance of the medical procedure has already been initiated, the interruption of which may cause serious harm to the health or life of the patient.
The patient has the right inspect the medical records kept by him, take extracts or copies in the presence of a person in charge of the VFN, without disrupting the provision of medical services within 30 days of receiving the patient's request.
The patient can when taking care, identify persons who may be informed of his / her health status, and at the same time determine whether those persons may consult the medical records relating to him or other records relating to his / her health, make extracts or copies of those documents and whether, in cases where the patient cannot agree to the provision of health services due to his or her health, and is not a health service that can be provided without consent, to express or agree to the provision of health services. The patient may designate a person or prohibit the provision of health information to any person at any time after admission, as well as the appointment of a person or the prohibition to provide medical information at any time. Patient record is part of the patient's medical records; the record is signed by the patient and the healthcare professional. The record also includes a communication to the patient on how his / her health information can be communicated.
The patient can in the event that he would be in a state of health in which he would not be able to express his consent or disagreement with the provision of health services and the manner in which they were provided, to give his prior consent or disagreement (hereinafter "previously expressed wish"). The form and other requirements are regulated by law.
A patient who feels to be the victim of a crime committed and who is provided with health services immediately after the offense may contact the entities listed in the Registry of Victims of Help for Victims on the website of the Ministry of Justice (link to www.pmscr.cz).
The patient also has the right to file a complaint against the GPF's procedure for the provision of health services or against health-related activities. The complaint can be submitted in writing, to the address of the General University Hospital in Prague, U Nemocnice 499/2, 128 08 Prague 2.
Obligations of the patient
The patient is required to provide health services:
- to adhere to the proposed individual treatment if agreed with the provision of health services
- follow the internal rules of a particular medical facility,
- reimburse the VFN for the price of the medical services provided, not reimbursed or partially reimbursed by public health insurance or other sources provided to it with its consent,
- Truly inform the attending health care professional about past health developments, including information about infectious diseases, about health services provided by other providers, about the use of medicines, including substance use, and other facts essential to the provision of health services
- not to drink alcohol or other addictive substances during hospitalization and to undergo, under justified decision of the attending physician, examination to prove whether or not it is under the influence of alcohol or other addictive substances,
- prove your identity card; if the patient does not prove his / her identity and is not urgent care, the VFN may refuse to provide the medical service.