Science and research
Clinical evaluation and research
Department of Clinical Trials and Research is an expert service providing comprehensive services for the launch and implementation of VFN studies:
- Start-up phase - communication with sponsor of the given study, eventually communicating with a representative Contract Research Organization, clinic, principal investigator, and other collaborating sites such as hospital pharmacy, laboratories, or imaging methods. As part of this phase, the department also provides legal review of contracts for clinical trials in cooperation with the VFN Legal Department and economically. This process lasts from 1-3 months, and the collaboration of each sponsor or contract research organization is very important. When preparing contracts, we consistently take care to minimize the risks arising from clinical trials.
- Investigators Initiated Trials (IIT) support, a study initiated by a VFN investigator in academia.
- Support for health care staff in the preparation of background papers and in the accounting for completed studies, checking payments, recording contracts, billing and processing financial reports and statistics.
- Payment of travel refunds to patients
- Cooperation in ensuring controls and audits
- Coordination of the archiving of study documentation arising from the clinical trial
The Clinical Trials and Research Department is divided into two sections
Preparation of contracts with contracting authorities and support for employees of medical workplaces in preparation of documents for costing:
Jana Šimková Bc. Martina Racková
Head of Department
+420 224 963 097
Jana Šimková Bc. Marie Smidova, Dis.
+420 224 963 352
+420 224 963 419
+420 224 962 389
Invoicing, billing of completed KH and distribution of income, registration and payment of travel expenses to patients:
Ing. Jana Ulbriková
+420 224 963 096
+420 224 963 115
Since 1 January 2018, the General Teaching Hospital has become a member of the European and national infrastructure supporting ECRIN / CZECRIN academic clinical research.