Information for pregnant women
If you are due to give birth from 1 January 2024, you no longer need to reserve a place in advance (there is no need for so-called birth registration).
However, we need to know some important information earlier than immediately before the birth. That's why we want to invite you to the so-called "first visit". It is a short administrative meeting with the midwife, which you can fully use for your questions about childbirth, stay in the maternity hospital, etc. The ideal time for the first visit is around the 20th week of pregnancy. You can book your first visit via webdiary. Reservation of the date is mandatory. If you have difficulties ordering the first visit via the web diary, contact our support at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first visit takes place face-to-face at the pregnancy clinic (Apolinařská 18, Prague 2, 1st floor on the right), every working day from approx. 3:50 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. We are currently preparing a virtual "first visit" for you via the Microsoft Teams or Zoom video conference system.
- ID card (foreign passport)
- pregnancy card (eventually examination results)
- health insurance card
- a completed child questionnaire questionnaire signed by both parents (available at our pregnancy counseling)
- if you have decided to donate umbilical cord blood, do not forget to fill in the form from the pregnancy counseling.
- married mothers - marriage certificate, completed name questionnaire
- single mothers - birth certificate, completed name questionnaire
- divorced mothers - birth certificate, divorce decree, completed questionnaire on name.
If a single or divorced mother wishes, after agreement with the child's father, for the child to have a surname after his father, a paternity certificate must be attached. Before the birth, he will issue you with a register at the OU (e.g. at your place of residence, in the presence of both future parents - bring the documents with you). Documents must be originals or notarized copies. All the above-mentioned documents will be requested from you by the contact officer with the birth registry, who will visit you after the birth during your stay in the maternity hospital. On the basis of these documents, they will secure the child's birth certificate and birth number on the register of the Municipal Office for Prague 2.
The register office of the Municipal District Office for Prague 2 is located at Náměstí Míru Street 20/600, on the 1st floor (Monday and Wednesday 08:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:30, phone: +420 236 044 111. When visiting the office, it is necessary to bring the identity cards of both parents with you.The submitted documents will be returned to you and the child's birth certificate will be issued.
What to bring to the maternity hospital
MOM - for delivery:
- washable slippers (or shoes in the shower)
- mouthwash, body lotion, cream,
- toiletries, two towels
- massage gel or oil
- drink in a small PET bottle
- Energy candy (NO gum)
- reading, music player with headphones, notebook, pencil.
MOM - for the next stay:
- 2 maternity bras
- bra inserts (or boiled diapers); nipple ointment
- plenty of underpants event. mesh disposable panties or panties - you buy in medical supplies, pharmacies.
Night shirts, liners and toilet paper are available!
DADDY - for delivery:
- comfortable clothing,
- food Drink.
Can be taken: mobile phone, camera, camera - The clinic of gynecology, obstetrics and neonatology is NOT responsible for these things.
BABY - to stay in maternity hospital:
Take your baby's diaper pants to the maternity hospital. For the puerperium department, you will only receive the panties for the first 24 hours from nurses. Panties can also be purchased in a buffet on the ground floor of the clinic.
Fabric diapers can also be used in the ward. You do not need your own baby clothes or baby cosmetics while staying in the maternity hospital. You can buy a lot of products in action at our pharmacy in the Urology building, Ke Karlovu 6.
What to prepare for your baby when you go home?
- boiled and ironed diapers (about 4 pieces)
- disposable diaper pants (2-3)
- chemise, suits, (coats), 2 coats, 2 caps (cotton, yarn, wool), socks (slippers)
- baby wrap, baby blanket - all season,
- bag or car seat - think of the safety of your baby.