Taking care of a patient treated with assisted peritoneal dialysis
The course is designed for:
- for nurses at home, nurses working in the field of aftercare, social care, etc. Nurses working in the nephrology department can only perform activities on an outpatient basis. Special attention is paid to the specific activities of a nurse who takes care of a patient treated by assisted peritoneal dialysis outside the nephrology department.
- causes of renal failure, physiology of peritoneum as dialysis membrane,
- access for PD, types of PD catheters, methods of introduction,
- postoperative care, PD complications,
- manual and instrument PD,
- nurse's activity in PD in the patient's home environment, psychosocial aspects of PD,
- hygienic-epidemiological regime in connection with PD,
- practical implementation of PD, care of catheters, procedure for complications of PD.
- completion of qualification studies and adaptation process,
- eligibility to pursue a medical profession without professional supervision.
Theoretical part: 20 h
Practical part: 40 h
Course date in the 2nd half of 2021:
11. 10. – 15. 10. 2021
Internal Department Strahov VFN
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a certificate from the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
The participation of an employee of the General Teaching Hospital in Prague is CZK 1,000
Theoretical part: MUDr. B. Szonowska, Internal Department of Strahov VFN
Practical part: Ludmila Nermutová, Internal Department of Strahov VFN
Contact to sign up for:
Mgr. Eva Widzová, phone: +420 22496 4181, e-mail: email@example.com
You can apply for the course by completing the course applications.
Please send filled-in applications to:
Mgr. Eva Widzová
OV VFN in Prague
On the Battlefield 1
120 00 Prague 2
or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org