Access to the computer network of the General University Hospital in Prague (VFN) for external employees / companies
Only its employees have access to the VFN computer network automatically. Other entities, such as trainees, 1st Medical Faculty staff, service and other companies in relation to the General Teaching Hospital, must apply for access.
To request permission to access the VFN computer network:
- The applicant shall download, print and complete Form F-VFN-463.
- The applicant will appear with a completed and UNSIGNED form at the Dispatching of the Department of Informatics and Digital Transformation (hereinafter referred to as the Dispatching of the Institute of Informatics) at the General Hospital (Headquarters Building A5, working days 7:00 - 16:00).
- The ÚI Dispatcher will verify the identity of the applicant (OP, passport). The applicant signs the form.
- An employee of the ÚI Dispatcher will send an e-mail to the said Guarantor requesting approval of the validity of the required access and the scope of access. In case of a request for a VPN connection, the Guarantor is notified.
- After receiving confirmation from the Guarantor, an access account of an external user and possibly VPN access will be created.
- The applicant will be informed by e-mail about the approval and establishment of an access account.
- The applicant will come to the ÚI Dispatching Center and pick up the username and password. It is recommended to change the password on the spot.
- The expiration of the access account is max. After 1 year from the establishment. The Applicant and the Guarantor will be notified of the entered e-mail 1 month before expiration. The Guarantor requests the renewal of the access account by e-mail - in response to an e-mail with a notice of expiration.
Notice: Access to the VFN computer network is not done while you wait!
Obligations, rules and restrictions
During the validity of the external user's account, the external user is obliged to observe the following:
- established obligations, rules and possible restrictions in chap. 4.2 Rules on the use of the VFN by external users (SM-UI-02),
- when using VPN access:
- up-to-date information on the website (https://www.vfn.cz/externista).
- Form F-VFN-463 Request for the establishment of external user access to the VFN network
- Regulations for the use of VFN by external users (SM-UI-02)
Contact - IC Dispatching:
- General University Hospital in Prague, U Nemocnice 499/2, 128 08 Prague 2
- Telephone Number: +420 224 962 119
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated July 27, 2020