Course for midwives in the delivery room
The certified course will take place in the period from 13 January to 14 May 2022, at the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics of the General Hospital and the 1st Medical Faculty of Charles University. Its purpose is to acquire special professional competencies that will expand the competencies of midwives in the field of highly specific perinatological care. The aim is to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for a midwife that entitle her to:
- for the application of ATB in mothers with positive detection of group B streptococci (GBS) in a cultured vaginorectal finding, without indication by a doctor,
- for systemic administration and for the indication of epidural analgesia, including the operation of an epidural catheter in cooperation with an anesthesiologist without the indication of an obstetrician,
- to active leadership III. labor for the prevention of excessive bleeding, according to the WHO recommended procedure without the indication of a doctor,
- for the treatment of birth injuries up to 2nd degree perineal rupture with the application of a local anesthetic without the indication of a doctor.
By completing our course, midwives will be able to conduct independent childbirth for the so-called Low Risk pregnant woman during hospitalization in maternity facilities.
The course is intended for midwives working for at least 5 years in the delivery room and is accredited by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
You can find more information about the course and contact information for registering for the course here
13. 11. 2023During the entire month of November, the 17th year of the Spartan Blood charity project will take place in the VFN and in other places. Hockey fans...
12. 11. 2023Those interested can still sign up for the one-day FOR NURSES course on December 12, 2023. Intravenous accesses have become a necessary standard of i ...