The Center for Mechanical Cardiac Support - ECMO Center of the General University Hospital in Prague provides medical care for patients with critical heart and / or lung failure in cases where their function cannot be ensured by standard treatment methods.
The scope of the ECMO center of the General Hospital belongs mainly to the fields of intensive care medicine, cardiology, cardiac surgery and pediatric intensive care medicine.
- Superconciliary care for patients from all over the Czech Republic. Ensuring the transport of patients indicated for the ECMO method to the ECMO center of the General Hospital.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in methods of advanced intensive care, especially mechanical cardiac support and ECMO methods.
- Research in the field of extracorporeal methods, experimental and clinical.
- Cooperation with domestic and foreign centers on clinical and scientific issues of extracorporeal circulatory and lung support.
- The ECMO VFN center is ready to provide care to a total of 8 patients at once.
- We are ready to provide ECMO support to patients with COVID-19 caused by ARDS.
- +420 224 969 209
- +420 724 371 594 doc. MUDr. Jan Belohlavek, Ph.D.
- +420 724 802 868 doc. MUDr. Martin Balík, Ph.D.