Clinic of addictology
Information for patients
From December 30, 2019, the Detoxification Unit mode Departments of Addictology of General Teaching Hospital turns into non-smoking. For patients hospitalized in this unit, fully reimbursed nicotine treatment / patches, chewing gums / and therapeutic support focused on educational-motivational activities are prepared.
Information to be received on the detoxification unit
What is needed:
- a valid identity document (ID card, passport) and an insured person's card (possibly a replacement document, birth certificate is not accepted)
- in case of taking medication before admission it is necessary to have medication with you for the anticipated period of stay.
- patients with methadone substitution programs must have a report on the current dose of methadone
- bring a record of the last check in an outpatient specialist for somatic disease or a discharge report from the last hospitalization
- basic toiletries, home clothes, slippers
- you can have a mobile phone and an electronic book reader with a charger with you
- you can only bring coffee or tea in the original packaging
What not to wear:
- valuables, credit cards
- cash, max. 1000, - CZK, can be stored in the vault of the department
- electronics outside mobile phone and book reader
What is forbidden to introduce on a detoxification unit:
- addictive substances incl. cigarettes and smoking accessories
- weapons, ammunition
- food, drinks
You can order on tel. +420 725 736 177 (DETOX ONLY) in working days Mon - Thu. between 13 – 14 throw.
It is necessary to confirm your arrival by phone or sms on the day before arrival. +420 725 736 177 between 13 – 14 throw.
Ordered patients must arrive at the clinic's reception office at the latest at 9.30 throw.
Information for the future patient - Inpatient department - MEN (LOM)
The Department of Addictology (KAD) continues the tradition of the Anti-Alcohol Department, founded in 1948 by MUDr. Jaroslav Skála. Inpatient Department - MEN Department of Addictology (LOM) provides medium-term inpatient treatment lasting a maximum of 13 weeks for all who have problems with alcohol or other addictive substances, gambling or a combination of these.
Those interested in treatment must undergo an indication interview. To order an indication interview, call 224 968 261 (234) from Monday to Thursday between 10:00 - 11:00 or write to e-mail email@example.com.
Interviews take place EVERY TUESDAY from 14:00 by prior arrangement. Bring your ID card and card to the insured.
Patients are admitted through the Detoxification Department of the Addictology Clinic, the duration of treatment is determined by the detox doctor.
If you are interested in treatment and YOU HAVE NOT BEEN AN INDICATION INTERVIEW, then continuing to regimen treatment is possible only after an interview with the staff of the men's ward. Admission to detox DOES NOT PROVIDE AUTOMATIC PLACE IN REGIME TREATMENT.
What you need to arrange before boarding:
- forwarding of mail to the address: Apolinářská 447/4, Praha 2, 128 00
- sufficient financial amount and financial matters (the whole stay only at the department)
- matters at the authorities: records at the Labor Office, material need, proof of health insurance, OP…
- necessary treatments: eg dentist, specialist doctor (diabetologist, cardiologist, etc.)
- a medical report if you are being treated for a more serious illness or are taking long-term medication
For the duration of treatment for KAD, it is possible to issue a certificate of temporary incapacity for work - PN.
If you are reported to the Labor Office, please notify us of your scheduled arrival date prior to arrival.
Constitutional treatment on LOM, is a combination of psychotherapeutic and regimen treatment.
- smoking is allowed in the treatment (electronic cigarettes, vaporizers, packaged tobacco, etc. must not be used)
- for those who choose not to smoke, pharmacological substitution support (nicotine patches) and psychotherapeutic support are provided
- do not use and do not bring any addictive substances to the clinic (except for cigarettes and coffee, according to the rules of the department)
- any aggressive behavior is inadmissible
- use of mobile phone and other electronics according to the rules of the department
- the applicant must be physically and mentally able to participate in the treatment - in case of impossibility to observe this, he is either not accepted or his treatment is interrupted
Please inform your loved ones about the following facts:
- telephone information on health status possible only on the basis of a pre-agreed password
- bringing personal belongings by family members to the ward is only possible at the time of visits (pac. must have an application approved by the therapeutic team for the content of the brought belongings)
- for the entire period of hospitalization, postal services are not limited, even in the case of parcels (only via the Czech Post, other courier services are not allowed)
Necessary equipment: ID card, health insurance card (card), lined notebook A4 (for diary), stationery
Personal underwear, workwear, work gloves and footwear, sportswear and footwear, walking clothing and footwear, footwear, nightwear, basic toiletries, including shaving. Cosmetics (aftershave, deodorants,…) only without alcohol. Medications you take regularly for the duration of your stay. Stamps, envelopes, mats - as an important tool for programs, cash for personal use at your discretion.
It is not possible to use loose tea in the department.
It is forbidden to bring weapons and ammunition, addictive substances.
We do not recommend bringing in larger amounts of money and valuables.
Patients may only use the electronics at the times designated for this purpose.
Contact: Department of Addictology, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and General Hospital, Inpatient Department - MEN, Apolinářská 4, 128 00 Prague 2
Telephone: 224 968 234
The therapeutic team of the Inpatient Department - MEN of the Department of Addictology wishes you successful treatment.
Information for future patients - Inpatient department - WOMEN (BED)
During the coronavirus epidemic, information interviews for those interested in treatment at the bedside are canceled on Thursday from 16:00. If you are interested in treatment, write to us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 224 968 201/224 968 223.
Thank you for your understanding.
What we offer?
We offer voluntary institutional treatment for women with a duration of usually 17 weeks. The treatment program is designed to expose patients to situations that they could not manage in the past, help them understand their failures, and train more adaptive behaviors. It includes psychotherapy, occupational therapy, therapeutic exercise, relaxation techniques, lectures and professional literature. The basis of psychotherapy is community and group psychotherapy, supplemented by individual psychotherapy and work with diary, in indicated cases of pharmacotherapy.
Who is the treatment for?
Women over the age of 18 with addiction to any addictive substance (alcohol, addictive drugs, illegal drugs), possibly combined with other psychiatric disorders (eating disorders, affective and anxiety disorders) who are interested in being treated.
How to order?
- The most advantageous form of ordering is to come in person (possibly accompanied by a loved one) on any Thursday at 4 pm for an information interview (Apolinářská 4, in the right pass; wait in the ground floor waiting room for personnel). It is not necessary to order in advance.
- If you are considering treatment, you can also take part in a after-care group, led by a senior physician and our department supervisor, who meet every Thursday from 16.15 to 17.30 in the classroom on the ground floor of our department.
- For those who are unable to attend the interview or after-treatment group, it is possible to order treatment by phone - Mgr. Anna Vondrová, 224 968 223/201 or via e-mail email@example.com
Where can I get more information?
- +420 224 968 201 - sister
- +420 224 968 223 - addictologist, social worker
- +420 224 968 206 - Head Physician