Nuclear Medicine Institute
Nuclear Medicine provides clinical workplaces with a complete range of current diagnostic examinations in the field of nuclear medicine, including hybrid positron and single photon emission computed tomography (PET / CT and SPECT / CT), special laboratory examinations and outpatient radionuclide therapy. In addition to routine procedures, she specializes in cardiological examinations (perfusion, metabolism and inflammatory heart and / or vascular diseases), oncological (molecular diagnostics of PET / CT, positive SPECT / CT scintigraphy, sentinel node examinations, etc.) and neurological (brain perfusion, receptor activity mapping). Recently, she has also focused on the development of scintigraphic diagnostics in lymphology (lymphoscintigraphy) and endocrinology (scintigraphic localization of parathyroid glands).
The Department of Clinical Medicine is one of the largest nuclear medicine centers in the Czech Republic. It is equipped with a modern PET / CT scanner Discovery 690 (GE Healthcare) with enhanced spatial resolution using "Time of Flight" and "Resolution Recovery" methods and 5 scintillation cameras, including 2 SPECT / CT hybrid systems, 1 SPECT tomography camera and 2 planar cameras. cameras.
Current technical equipment allows
- perform quality scintigraphic diagnosis
- Introduce new investigative methods
- participate in their development.
The research is focused on clinical issues of nuclear cardiology, neurology and oncology, development of new methods of examination and evaluation of images in lymphology and endocrinology, standardization and quantification of results of scintigraphic findings of kidney and urinary tract, development of new methods of functional imaging and image processing and optimization and quantifying SPECT tomographic imaging.
- Salmovská 3, 120 00 Praha 2 (Nuclear Medicine Institute)
- U Nemocnice 5, 128 08 Prague 2, Clinical Department I. (outside VFN premises)
- U Nemocnice 499/2, 128 08 Prague 2, Clinical Department II, (Hall A12)
- +420 224 965 813 (Head of Office)
- +420 224 965 700 (ambulance - reception)
- +420 224 962 594 (ambulance - PET / CT)
- +420 224 962 591 (ambulance - pulmonary examination)
- +420 224 965 979 | +420 224 922 649