At the beginning of 2022, we opened the Crisis Care Center, which provides psychiatric, psychological and therapeutic assistance in stabilizing the crisis in a safe and supportive environment. Our multidisciplinary team offers short-term crisis stabilization care and support in such life situations that can no longer be managed on their own and need help with their constructive solution.
We offer outpatient consultations including:
- initial evaluation of the situation and mental state;
- provision of specialized support, if necessary, indication of other health services, including possible hospitalization;
- counseling, support and guidance in follow-up services;
- coordinating cooperation with other follow-up services that may be useful in resolving a particular crisis.
And also the telephone crisis line 605 851 658, providing psychosocial intervention - counseling, support and orientation in other services.
Who we are here for:
- for a person who shows or worsens the symptoms of a mental illness;
- for a person experiencing anxiety and depression, deals with suicidal thoughts;
- for a person who is dealing with partner, family and personal problems;
- for a person who is coping with the loss of a loved one;
- for a person who has been the victim of domestic violence or another crime,
- for all who are not able to solve the life situation.
Who are we not here for:
- for a person who is acutely intoxicated by alcohol or other psychotropic substances;
- for a person who has experienced such a deterioration in mental state that he is unable to cooperate and communicate;
- for a person who, due to the breakdown of mental functions, immediately endangers himself or his surroundings to health or life.
Ke Karlovu 11, 128 08 Prague 2 (building D1, ground floor)
+420 605 851 658
telephone crisis line (for the time being from 8 am to 3 pm)
The children's and adolescent detoxification center (inpatient department and admission clinic) was opened on 1 January 2021.
Contact for information or ordering is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contraindications to admission, inclusion in the program prevents
- disorder of consciousness
- not swallowing a sip of water
- GCS below 12 points
- intoxication with an unknown substance with unstable vital functions
- alcohol intoxication - maximum 1.5 per mille
- conditions requiring intensive care (serious somatic complications, decompensation of chronic diseases, respiratory failure, status epilepticus, risk of metabolic disruption)
- severe decompensation of chronic mental illness
The day clinic for adolescents of the Center for Adolescent and Developmental Psychiatry is an outpatient therapeutic workplace of the Psychiatric Clinic of the General University Hospital in Prague and the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University, which has been providing care for adolescents with mental disorders since 1999.
The facility has a long-term focus on the treatment of problems related to adolescent disorders – emotional disorders, adaptation disorders, psychosomatic disorders, neurotic disorders, eating disorders and post-covid consequences associated with social isolation of adolescents.
Day care for adolescents (DSA) provides services to clients from the age of 14 with the aim of fulfilling the values based on Evidence Based approaches for adolescents with mental difficulties. Emphasis is placed on regular attendance at the inpatient facility, compliance with a regular schedule – eating, sleeping, and leisure time. Part of the program also includes preparation for returning to school, for the purpose of continuity in education. The priority is the cooperation of parents in the therapeutic process and their participation in systematic family therapy. The standard duration of the DSA program is 8 weeks and depends on the client's state of health.
The multidisciplinary team consists of doctors, nurses, social workers, psychologists, psychotherapists, addictologists, art therapists, occupational therapists, yoga and Mindfulness instructors, educators and other experts who participate in comprehensive patient care.
Services offered to patients are individual, group/family therapy, psychoeducation, coaching, art therapy, occupational therapy, yoga and movement activities or canistherapy. For patients with eating disorders, a specific eating regimen is set up, combined with menu planning and the deepening of other competencies under the guidance of a nutritional therapist and a specialized nurse.
- DSA does not provide outpatient psychiatric services.
- Contraindications to admission to DSA are alcohol and substance abuse, treatment refusal, or a degree of mental illness requiring hospitalization.
- The cooperation of parents with treatment procedures is a necessary requirement for the admission of an adolescent to DSA.
- The daily fee for lunch is CZK 55.
How to proceed if you are interested in attending DSA:
To the address email@example.com send a report describing the child's difficulties and attach a report from an outpatient psychiatrist (discharge report from hospitalization, report from psychological examination). In case of full capacity in DSA, interested parties are included in the waiting list. After the capacity is released, they are invited together with their parents to an admissions interview, on the basis of which the hospital management decides on admission to DSA.
VFN Psychiatric Clinic in Prague, Ke Karlovu 11, 128 08 Prague 2
+420 224 965 379
+420 224 965 350
+420 224 965 420
Mental Health Support is a free-of-charge service provided by the medical faculty in order to consult, understand and solve students' mental, behavioral, and emotional problems and improve students' well-being. Our services include:
- Crisis Intervention – first mental aid in case of trauma, emotional collapse, burnout, and/or any other state of acute unbearable mental suffering.
- Psychological support – one-session consultation, assessment of clients' condition, referral to medical/other professional consultation if necessary.
- Counseling – facing personal, academic, social, or adaptational problems.
- Counseling therapy – up to 10 sessions.
Foreign medical students of the First Faculty of Medicine Charles University, with or without local insurance.
Ambulance No. 6, Psychiatric clinic VFN, Ke Karlovu 11, Prague 2.
Every Wednesday 8:30AM through 4PM.
What do I need?
Student Card and Insurance Card (if any).
How to Register?
Visits are confidential and easy to arrange. To book an appointment simply contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
English speaking Support Group for Medical Students
Open to: International medical students of the First Faculty of Medicine Charles University.
Meets: Mondays, 6:00PM – 7:30PM., in person.
Capacity is limited up to 10 participants. Registration in advance is requested.
Therapy room at ambulance no. 5, Psychiatric clinic VFN, Ke Karlovu 11, Prague 2.
Group facilitator: Linda Arbeli, at email@example.com
Contacts and map
The Interpersonal Group is a confidential group, designed to help students who are dealing with adaptation, anxiety or depressive moods, navigating major life transitions, or just trying to understand themselves and others more fully. The group leader serves as a moderator who will guide the group towards a focus on emotions and relating in the present moment.
Part of the meeting is focused on stress reduction techniques, based on mindfulness and self-acceptance.
Podpora duševního zdraví je bezplatná služba lékařské fakulty, která se zaměřuje na konzultaci, pochopení a řešení duševních, behaviorálních a emočních problémů a posílení kvality života studentů během studia medicíny. V rámci podpory nabízíme:
- Krizovou intervenci – první pomoc v situaci psychického traumatu, prožitku emočního kolapsu, vyhoření a dalších pocitů akutního psychického utrpení.
- Psychologické poradenství – jednorázová konzultace, zhodnocení stavu a situace klienta, doporučení vhodné strategie řešení, případně další odborné konzultace.
- Poradenství ve věcech osobních, akademických, adaptačních obtíží.
- Poradenskou psychoterapii do 10 setkání.
Zahraniční studenti medicíny na 1. LF UK, bez ohledu na držení platného zdravotního pojištění.
Ambulance č. 6, Psychiatrická klinika VFN, Ke Karlovu 11, Praha 2.
Každou středu od 8:30 do 16:00.
Studentskou kartu a kartu pojištěnce (pokud vlastníte).
Jak se objednat?
Návštěvy jsou důvěrné a jednoduché k objednání. Pro získání termínu nás kontaktujte na: firstname.lastname@example.org
Studentská podpůrná skupina
Určená pro: zahraniční studenty medicíny 1. LF UK.
Pondělí od 18:00 do 19:30 hodin.
Kapacita skupiny je 10 participantů. Předběžná registrace je nutná.
Terapeutická místnost u ambulance č. 5, Psychiatrická klinika VFN, Ke Karlovu 11, Praha 2.
Facilitátor skupiny: Linda Arbeli, email@example.com
Studentská podpůrná skupina je důvěrnou platformou, jejíž cílem je pomoci studentům, kteří se snaží vypořádat s adaptačními, emočními, úzkostnými a depresivními stavy, studentům procházejícími náročným životním obdobím, nebo studentům, kteří by se v sobě chtěli prostě víc vyznat. Facilitátor funguje jako moderátor, který bude provádět skupinu účastníky zvolenými tématy z oblasti emocí, zachycenými v daném momentu.
Část setkání je zaměřena na stres redukující techniky, které jsou založené na Mindfulness a sebepřijetí.