Department of Pediatrics and Inherited Metabolic Disorders
The escort center offers support to the families of pediatric patients in medical and palliative care. These are children:
- with a rare disease
- with severe disabilities
- born prematurely
- born with a low or extremely low birth weight
What do we offer in the Guide Center?
- We provide families with comprehensive psychosocial support in difficult life situations (premature birth, communication of a serious diagnosis, traumatic event, etc.).
- We provide families with crisis intervention.
- We will guide the family through the support system to which he and his child are entitled.
- We will help the family find support organizations, services and professionals around the place of residence.
- We will connect parents with families of children with the same diagnosis or similar manifestations, we will pass on their experience to them.
- With the support of foundations and endowment funds, we will help families obtain funding for personal assistance, relief care, compensatory and rehabilitation aids, etc.
- We will help with securing social contributions and benefits.
- Within Prague, we can accompany families to the authorities, to doctors, for examinations, checks, etc.
- We will recommend or lend professional literature and fiction to families.
- And much more - depending on what the family and their child currently need.
The care of the Accompanying Center is usually started on the recommendation of a doctor or medical staff.
More information can be found at: www.centrumprovazeni.cz
Where does the Accompanying Center operate?
The escort center operates at Department of Pediatrics and Inherited Metabolic Disorders and Gynecological and obstetric clinics VFN and 1. LF UK every weekday from 8:00 to 16:00. You will find the Office of the Accompanying Center on the 3rd floor of the E3a building in the clinic complex. The consultant also works directly in wards and outpatient clinics and, by appointment, also outside the hospital environment within the city of Prague.
Tel. line 224 967 815
Mgr. Tereza Jeřábková
senior counselor of the General Hospital
Tel: 778 888 496
Bc. Gabriela Meluzinová, Dis.
Tel: 778 888 204
Mgr. Věra Vodičková
counselor (gynecology and obstetrics clinic)
Tel: 702 244 167